I hope that everyone who celebrated had a merry Christmas! Mine was filled with lots of family time, delicious food, generous gifts, and one too many glasses of champagne and cookies.
While the majority of my holiday was perfect, I woke up Christmas morning feeling less than stellar. I barely had an appetite the entire day. I think it was a combination of all the alcohol and sugar in my system, two things that I haven’t been consuming much of lately. Well…up until the past few days, that is. I definitely got my fill now.
Don’t get me wrong, I am all about indulging every now and then. I did a lot of baking and I had to taste test, after all! I just didn’t expect to feel so sick from it all. I’ve really revamped my diet over the past year or so and I just can’t eat like I used to, I guess. I am more than ready to get back to my normal (albeit more boring) meals.
I plan on showing a couple of my gifts I received with you all soon, but for now I thought it would be fun to do a little survey.
A couple weeks ago, Alisha nominated me and some other bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Thanks, girl! Award recipients are supposed to share seven facts about themselves. I came up with seven completely random, fun facts about me. Here you go:
1. I love to sleep and I’ve always been good at it. When I was a baby, my parents called me “the corpse” because I was such a sound sleeper and barely made a peep during the night. Nothing’s changed; I’ve had multiple people tell me that I look like I’m dead while I’m asleep. I literally don’t move or make noise.
2. Anyone who knows me in “real life” knows that I am obsessed with hot summer weather and beaches. My #1 dream in life is to move to a beach one day, whether that be on a U.S. coast or outside of the U.S. There are a lot of nice things about Pittsburgh, but the climate is not one of them. I cannot stand the cold. At all. My friends like to joke that I won’t go outside if it’s less than 55 degrees out. They aren’t entirely wrong there.
(My happy place.)
3. My favorite color is white and I wear it year-round.
(White coats, white dresses…I love them all. Old pictures from the college days.)
4. I’ve seen half-naked and completely naked Pittsburgh Steelers…
Let me explain. In college, I was a news intern for a local TV station. A few times, they sent me to the Steelers’ practice facility in order to get sound bites from the players. This required going into their locker room after they finished practice, where they’d be changing and showering. The first time I was there, one of the photographers told me: “You’ll be fine, just keep your eyes waist-up.” A really fun and, ahem, eye-opening experience.
5. I don’t like sandwiches and I’m not crazy about cheese, but I love a good grilled cheese every now and then. Though it’s not something that I eat often because I try to avoid dairy. ? This is just one of many examples of my weird food tendencies. Also, a lot of people think it’s amusing that I don’t care for sandwiches. Is that really so weird?
6. Coconut is both my favorite flavor and scent. Coconut shrimp and chocolate-covered coconut macaroons are a couple of my favorite splurge foods. I’m also pretty sure that I own coconut-scented shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion and lip balm.
7. I promise I’m not always a hermit, but one of my favorite Friday night activities is to make a nice dinner, curl up on my couch with my leopard-print Snuggie, read a book or watch a movie (usually on the Lifetime Movie Network) and be in bed by 11pm…or earlier. And I’m not ashamed to admit that.
This movie will definitely be added to my weekend rotation. Fast Times at Ridgemont High. One of my all-time favorites. My brother got it for me on DVD for Christmas because he knows how much I enjoy it. If you haven’t seen it, you need to. So funny.
And there you have it. More than you probably ever needed to know about me.
The award says that you’re supposed to nominate seven other bloggers, but I’m just going to have you all play along, if you would like. Tell me a completely random fact about you!